Chronic Disease Management
Do you have a chronic medical condition?
What are the chronic medical conditions?
A 'chronic medical condition' is one that has been, or is likely to be, present for at least six months or is terminal
Heat disease- angina, heat attacks,
Chronic kidney disease
Chronic lung conditions- asthma, emphysema
If you are not sure about your medical conditions your GP can assist you. So talk to your GP ASAP. People with a chronic medical condition may be able to get Medicare benefits to cover allied health services that help manage their condition.Your doctor may suggest a GP Management Plan.
If you need treatment from two or more health professionals, your doctor may also put a Team Care Arrangements plan in place for you.
A GP Management Plan is a plan of action agreed between you and your GP.It identifies your health care needs, sets out the services to be provided by your GP and lists the actions that you need to take to improve the chronic disease.A Team Care Arrangements plan lets your doctor work with, and refer you to, at least two other health professionals who will provide treatment or services to you.
You may be eligible for Medicare benefits for specific allied health services if your doctor prepares both types of plans for you.
Contact your doctor to find out more about chronic disease management.
Ascertain your risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
As part of our commitment to the health of our local community, we provide Type 2 Diabetes Assessments to patients who feel they may be at risk.
If you would like to ascertain your risk of Type 2 Diabetes we recommend you to have a diabetes evaluation at our practice.
The evaluations will involve:
- Body Mass Index measurement, blood pressure and general physical exam
- Family history and dietary review
- Assessment of lifestyle risk factors
- If you feel you may be at risk of diabetes, please call us to arrange a thorough evaluation.
Occupational Therapy Services
Our Occupational Therapy Clinic is run by Ms. Uvana Sewpersadh (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Post Graduate Diploma in Hand Rehabilitation), who is a well experienced and qualified Occupational Therapist.Our Occupational Therapy Services include;
- 1. KIDS WITH LEARNING CHALLENGES
- Learning Disability
- Cerebral Palsy
- School-readiness Training
- Behavioural Problems
- Development Delay
- 2. WORK
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Site Visits
- 3. MEDICO LEGAL
- Medico Legal Assessments
- Medical Negligence Assessments
- 4. PSYCHO-SOCIAL TREATMENT
- Psycho-education (including motivational interviewing);
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (including behavioural interventions and cognitive interventions);
- Relaxation strategies (including progressive muscle relaxation and controlled breathing);
- Skills training (including problem-solving skills and training, anger management, social skills training, communications training, stress management, and parent management);
- Interpersonal Therapy (especially for depression)
- 5. PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
- Head Injuries
- Hand & Upper Limb
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 6. WE ALSO DO
- Chronic Pain Management
- Home visits & Assessments
- Assistive Technology Assessments
- School Readiness Groups
- School based therapy
Nutrition Force on-site
Our health is the most important thing that we have while we are on this earth and our bodies allow us to achieve our dreams and our purpose; to have fun and play, to work and achieve the best things possible, to have relationships and care for our families and to travel and explore. If your body is not allowing you the freedom to achieve your best life, then it is time to invest in a long term solution.
Therefore, Rockingham GP has partnered with Nutrition Force to offer a personalized nutritional & dietetic service from our practice in Goddard Street, Rockingham.
Those who are on a health care plan may be eligible for bulk billing for a range of dietary related health conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, heart disease, coeliac disease, gastric sleeve and other chronic diseases. For those not on a health care plan, health insurance rebates apply.
See your GP for more information, for bookings call Rockingham GP on 9528 5000 or call Nutrition Force on 9385 7755 http://nutritionforce.com.au/